- Backyard or large scale cattle fattening can be profitable by following the guides in the operation of the project.
- Preferred are of animals to raise is 2 to 3 years old. Older animals need shorter period of fattening than younger animals. Younger animals require longer feeding period.
- Steers grow faster, gain more weight and easier to manage than heifer.
- Improved like Brahman and Ongole or Nellore gain weight faster with less feeds than native animals.
- Cattle can be fattened on all roughage rations or on roughage-concentrate ration. Roughage-concentrate ration is a combination of forage crops and concentrates such as rice bran, copra meal, bone meal and salt.
- Rice straw, corn cobs, sugarcane tops, ipil-ipil leaves and other grasses are used as feeds for cattle.
- Proper housing is important for the success of cattle fattening operation. It protects the animals against adverse effect of weather.
Wednesday, October 10, 2012
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
Backyard cattle fattening or on a large scale production can be profitably undertaken. This project has become popular because of the following advantages: 1. It augments the farmer's income; 2. It requires less space for the housing; 3. It allows the use of cheap and plentiful farm by-products such as corn stovers, rice straw, copra meal, rice bran, and sugar tops which ordinarily go to waste; 4. It helps meet the high demand for high-protein foods in the Filipino diet.
Guides in the Operation of Cattle Production
A. Selection of Fattening Cattle
To ensure a profitable income from fattening cattle, here are several factors to be considered.
- Age. Younger animals require longer feeding period while older animals take shorter for fattening. Feeds are utilized for maintenance, growth and fattening. two to three year-old animals are preferred for cattle fattening. older feeder stock need less time in feeding and will eat a wider variety of roughage than the young stock.
1st Quarter Examination 2013 activity Adam Smith adjustment Agri/fishery agriculture Animal Production application aquaculture Araling Panlipunan Araling Panlipunan 8 Araling Panlipunan I0 Araling Panlipunan II Araling Panlipunan IV architec architect Art Arts Asia asin Assessment Matrix Assyrian Asya athletics AutoCAD Automotive Babylonian bakal Bar Exam Biology black pepper blogger blur BMI Calculator breed business camera cardiovascular career guide carpentry cattle cell cell differences cell membrane cell respiration chemical Chemical Engineer Chemistry Civil Engineering Climate code color control comelec Command Economy commercial crops common noun components computer computer software contemporary issues Continue Cookery copyright course cpa crawl Criminologist crop crops Cultural culture Curriculum Guide Curriculum Map cut flower demand dentistry desktop development Disaster Readiness Discipline displacement disposal dissertation distance docking Download dressmaking drone duck duck raising ducks e-class record Earth Ebolusyon Economics Edukasyon sa Pagpapakatao effectivesness electrical Electronics electronics engineer elementary elements engineer English English 10 entrepreneur entrepreneurship EPP Erectus ESP EsP 10 Estate Broker events exam examination exercise facebook comment farming feasibility study feed fertile crescent fiber fiber crops field File file formats File menu Filipino Filipino 9 fitness flexibility Food (fish) Processing Forest Forest conservation forest coservation forestry form Format forms fruits games garlic gas generator ginger give away Glycolysis Goat good manners google search Grade 1 Grade 10 Grade 2 Grade 3 Grade 4 Grade 5 Grade 6 Grade 7 Grade 8 Grade 9 Handicraft hardware Harvesting hatching health Hebrew Hekasi heograpiya Hilagang Asya history Hittites Home Economics Homo sapiens Horticulture hot pepper Human Person ICT ICT II IFS image image window Imges imperyo increase index India indigenous Industrial Arts information integrated integrated farming system intracellular components java jobs jump K to 12 Kanlurang Asya kindergarten kinematics Kompetisyon kontinente kultura labor code labor law langis laptop latitude leadership1 learning learning materials lecture legumes LET life science link literacy literature location logo lokasyon longitude Magnus Effect magsasaka Mapeh Market Economy marketing Masonry material Math matter Mechanical Engineering media Medical Technologist memo menu menu bar mercury mesolitiko Mesopotamia metal Midwife Mixed Economy module monitor Monopsony monsoon Mother Tongue motion MTB muscular music neolitiko news noun gender noun plural nouns nursing board oil crop oligopoly onion online Oral Communication order P E P.E P.E. Paleolitiko palettes pananaw paniniwala parts of speech peanut peking periodic exam personal pharmacists phases Philosophy Phoenician photoshop physical Physical Education physical fitness Physician Physics Pilipinas Pisikal planting calendar plumber plyometric plyometric-exercise politics possessive noun poultry PRC press releases Principal's Test Reviewer principles Printing probability program promotion proper noun quail quails quarterly exam quartz Questionnaire questions quick fix raga Raising rasa reading record recycle recycled reference regions relihiyon research research paper Risk Reduction rock roots run salary scalar scanner schedule school calendar Science scientific notation secondary Senior High Sch Silangang Asya Social Studies society soybean spice Spice crops SSG states of matter Statistics stories structure sub menu submit article sukat Sumerian sunflower suplay supply system tala tanso Teachers Teaching Guide Technical Drafting Technical Evaluation term paper TESDA test Therapist thesis throws Timog Asya Timog Silangang Asya TLE TLE IV tool toolbox toolkit topic track and field Tradisyonal na Ekonomiya tungsten Unang Kabihasnan Unang Tao units UPCAT UST vector vegetable vermicomposting vermiculture vermiworms videos waste welcome welding wika workspace world worms writing yamang likas yamang mineral Yamang Tao zambia zinc