Duck raising is becoming popular nowadays. Ducks require less attention and need no elaborate housing like chicken do. Other reason include the following;
- They are more hardy, easily brooded and resistant to common avian diseases.
- Ducks lay eggs even up to the third year of production but the highest peak is the first and second year.
- There is a growing preference for ducks eggs as balut and salted eggs.
- Duck's meat is gaining popularity and public acceptance.
- Ducks have natural tendency of foraging.
There are several factors to consider when starting the project.
- Location of the project. A place with a watershed is highly recommended. In the absence of watershed, artificial pool should be constructed. select a place near natural ponds like lakes, rivers, or streams.