Factors that are observed in raising these crops;
- Market. It is futile to raise any crop if there is no market for such a product. This statement is true in oil crop production.
- Transportation facility. Proximity to good roads and better transportation facilities greatly affect the production and marketing of farm products. Good transportation facility can cause reduction of the production cost and an increase of the market profit.
- Climate and Altitude. Adaptation has been proven in oil crop production. However, it is wise to select varieties of oil crops that will yield more under the prevailing conditions of the geographical region.
- Topography or contour of the land. Level land with good drainage is suitable for oil crop production. Gently sloping land, however, is preferable to provide good drainage especially during the rainy season.
- Water supply. All kinds of commercial oil crops need abundant supply of water especially during dry season. During the growth and development stage, these plants needs higher soil moisture thus adequate water supply is very important.